FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
Need inspiration! Please help
Autor Wiadomość
JoeClark 

Wysłany: 2017-11-11, 13:45   Need inspiration! Please help

Hi all
I've been vegan for 4 years. Always done lots of cooking etc and enjoyed what i was eating. Life changed a lot in the last year and i stopped cooking really. Now trying to get back into it but stuck with a few certain meals I cook for me and my girlfriend (she eats meat so some of these things invole her adding meat or cheese!).
We tend to have:
- Fajitas
- Pasta with veg sauce
- Homemade chips and veggie burgers
- Homemade felafel
- Stir fry with noodles and cashews
- Jacket potatoes
- Veggie chilli
- Spag bol
Thing is, meals either need to be quick (like stir fry) or able to do in advance (like pasta sauce etc) because we both work crazy shifts and she gets home very late so there's no time for cooking really.
Any ideas or thoughts would be awesome!

rud@ 

Wysłany: 2017-11-13, 07:37   

I'm not vegan, (just) vegetarian-but my husband is still "normal" ]:-> so I know that is a big challenge to coock for two completely diffrent person. Sometimes it is very tiring...

Maybe you need some new kitchen staff? It makes life easier, really. Some of them cook when you are comming home (timer), some make very fast salats and dough. If you would have new toy :mrgreen: maybe new ideas came into you head? I've made 2 big parties for my family. First one was without any technical innovation- that was horible. After that I said "never again" and bought new kitchen staff. Second big party was last weekend and it was much easier, so it really works!

The fastest meal for us is vegetables coocked in one pot (usually I parry them, don"t know how to say it in english .... :oops: You know-boiling watter in the bottom, vegetables on the top ). It could be broccoli, broccoli with carrot, string beans, pumkin, pepper... Whatever you like 8-) When they are ready I make souce using frying pan -oil, soya souce, sugar, vinegar, garlic, chili. Then I put vegetables into it, they need a minute to be spiced. For me-with nutts, eags, for husband with meat.

Next one is cooked millet with lentil. I put it in my pot with timer, when came back from work they are both ready. Usually I parry(?) behind them vegetables and mixed it all with some spices. For me- dinner is ready, for husband with meat.

Is your girlfriend a Pole? She should know how to make gzik (potatoes with cottage cheese, could be vegan also-cheese made from nuts).

Sorry for my inproper language, I hope you will understand what I was thinking about.

P.S. Is spang bol vegan version spaghetti bolognese?

Odpowiedz do tematu